[hackerspaces] Securing domain names

Jens Christian Hillerup jens at hillerup.net
Thu Jan 7 23:21:57 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Hellekin O. Wolf <hellekin at cepheide.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:31:41PM +0100, Jens Christian Hillerup wrote:
>> .tv is now on our hands.
>>
>> -jc
>>
> *** Cool, I can hear some wriggling on fish_ and hackertalks sides ;o)

Guess I was a bit too trigger happy there. hackerspaces.tv is secured,
but not the singular version which, after some consideration I
probably should have bought instead... I should probably have asked
you guys before spending the money. Oh well, maybe somebody wants to
chip in to get the other one, too. They go for $40 on GoDaddy (which
is btw a crap domain provider. If anybody could point me to a
no-nonsense one, I'd be glad to buy that someone a beer :))

If anybody cares we could get the hackspace/hackspaces domains as well
for that TLD.

If anybody wants to establish something on hackerspaces.tv, by all
means drop me a note. I don't have the time for it myself I'm afraid,
but I'd be happy to provide hosting and general supportive cheer. I
can also just point it to some DNS server and let you guys take care
of it all.

-jc