[hackerspaces] Anyone built a vacuuform before?

Ron Bean bucketworks at rbean.users.panix.com
Thu Feb 25 03:58:15 CET 2010

I haven't built one, but I've looked into it.

There's a book called "Secrets of Building a Plastic Vacuum Forming
Machine" by Vince Gingery (Dave Gingery's son), available here:
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/vacf/index.html

There was an earlier one called "Do It Yourself Vacuum Forming for the
Hobbyist" by Douglas Walsh, which seems to be out of print (but there
are a few used copies around, it might be worth tracking down a copy).

I never came up with a good use for one...
They're mostly used by signmaking businesses.