[hackerspaces] RFID userX at Hackerspace

Stefan Arentz stefan at arentz.ca
Mon Feb 8 13:43:41 CET 2010

On 2010-02-07, at 12:53 AM, Simon Dorfman wrote:

> Ben Eckel has been working on an RFID setup to notify other members of the group when someone is at Gumbo Labs.  It's not finished yet, but he wrote up a nice post on getting the Arduino Ethernet Shield part connected. RFID <--> Ethernet Shield Client <--> Rails
>
> Check it out:
> http://www.gumbolabs.org/2010/02/05/rfid-ethernet-shield-client-rails/

Nice. Here in Toronto we also use a simple system that our members created:

http://code.google.com/p/cerberus-prox/

It is a simple system based on a small PIC system and a HID reader that we got cheap from eBay. All our members have a card or fob and we use this on our outside door. (Combined with a keycode-lock)

You can find all the code and schematics there.

 S.