[hackerspaces] wikileaks - switching from paypal

Matt Goodman meawoppl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:03:52 CET 2010

A lot of these places (paypal/amazon) make money on the sum held in escrow.
 Basically, their only interest (every pun intended) is holding your money
as long as possible.  Exactly the opposite of what you want.  Burning Man
had a huge blowup with paypal (for holding an undisclosed amount of
megabucks), and I suspect they may not use them this year.

PayPal is scraping for cash, because they know they are going to be
regulated soon.
--Matthew Goodman

Check Out My Website: http://craneium.net
Find me on LinkedIn: http://tinyurl.com/d6wlch