[hackerspaces] revspace and randomdata in the news re wikileaks ddos story

Koen Martens gmc at har2009.org
Fri Dec 10 18:32:11 CET 2010

Hi All,

Just thought i'd share this with you people:

http://bit.ly/dlufWO

it's a google translation of a dutch article on ict news website
'webwereld' ('webworld').

It turned out the arrested young man who was involved with the
ddos campaign against mastercard and paypal was someone we have
seen in our space a few times, and who hung out on our irc channel.

We see this as an opportunity to bring a positive story about hackers,
and plan on organising a workshop/discussion around 'ethical hacking'.
We will invite press there. We expect to announce all this on
monday.

Gr,

Koen