[hackerspaces] was: need a hacker should be: how not to make a fool of ourselves and ride us deeper into the hacker/cracker stigma

Blackhold blackholdmailer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:33:44 CEST 2010

hi,
is great to show to other people what we do in our hackerspaces, but
sometimes when someone comes to us searching a very bad black hat
hacker it is really strange to us, we are simply a group of young
people that we like to play with computers...

but this people and more specific periodists don't really know that,
and it would be not be the first time that a periodist searches a
hacker to talk about cybercrime and modify our good intentions to
explain what we do.

here in barcelona our hackerspace is really related to squatting, and
some politics says that squatters are ETA terrorists or we offer
support to these groups. But it is not true, giving support to a
friend who has been arrested due terrorism relationships in some way,
that don't mean that all this group of people does support to these
groups.

someone of us think that we have to fight for our rights, but not with
violence, our best weapon is the democracy, and first we have to tell
to our politics that democracy means the political power for the
people.

each time our rights are more limited, if you have in mind, play ball
in the street is not allowed in all places of Barcelona.
Blackhold
http://marsupi.org
No atribueixis sentiments humans a les màquines, simplement no els agrada.
Sé ecológico y en los mails borra el texto que no interesa (firmado:
los administradores de la lista).