[hackerspaces] gmc's tour of US hackerspaces (was Re: Hippie Hacker Tour 010)

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Mon Aug 23 14:08:45 CEST 2010

Hi Stewart,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 09:00:11AM -0500, Stewart Dickson wrote:
>  Speaking of Pinball -- Bally-Midway is all over Chicago.

Yeah, Chicago is truly the home of pinball. Stern is still making them there,
maybe i can get a tour of their factory (allthough they might not even exist
anymore by then, given the financial situation they're in).

> >CURRENT HOURS:
> >Friday: 5:30 to 9pm
> >Saturday: 9am to 9pm
> >Other times: happily open anytime by appointment. Call John at
> >309-287-1725.
> They have PacMan, Ms. PacMan, ...  Galaxia, Tron, old, old Atari
> arcade games...
>
> Chicago's Hackerspace:  http://pumpingstationone.org
> 3354 North Elston Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60618
> info at pumpingstationone.org
> http://pumpingstationone.org/contact
>
> The Urbana Makerspace
> Studio 15 in the Independent Media Center
> 202 S. Broadway, Urbana, IL  61801
> http://www.makerspaceu.org
> http://www.ucimc.org/content/makerspace-urbana-will-bring-tech-knowledge-uc

Thanks for all these suggestions! I'll be sure to check these out as well, PS1 was
on my list anyway.

Gr,

Koen