[hackerspaces] hackaday HORROR

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Sat Aug 21 20:32:27 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 02:38:02PM +0200, webmind wrote:
> On 08/20/2010 01:10 PM, asbesto wrote:
> >

> >           http://yfrog.com/5fscientp
> >

> > this is totally unsane
> > ======================
> >
> > is this crap from google ads? if so, we have to strongly
> > reconsider using it at all.
>
> I noticed the increase of scientology advertising on google earlier yes.
> I sent them a complaint but got an automated reply.
>
> I'd never used ads, so can't quit either though, but I can't say I like
> google 'supporting' scientology.

They're not supporting, they're just selling ad-space. And if they were to be asked to
remove them, where would it end? Next thing, the christians want ads about evolutionary
literature removed, and what have you.

Anyway, google is evil, live with it or use an adblocker like the rest of us do :)

Gr,

Koen