[hackerspaces] S036.NET attacked by German Police

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Tue Apr 27 20:32:53 CEST 2010

http://spectrum.mit.edu/issue/2010-spring/changing-the-world-through-service/
timely and relevant.

On Apr 27, 2010 9:52 AM, <quemener.yves at free.fr> wrote:

I wanted to contribute to an open source project but my contribution
infringed a software patent. I could have spend 10x more time to work around
it, probably before discovering that the workaround is also patented, I
prefer to put this on hold. I have worked for a company that lost money and
delayed its implantation in the US because of a software patent issue.
Another company I worked in had frozen an interesting project because of a
patent issue that effectively forbid them from distributing a product before
the lengthy legal process ends. Doers and makers are hindered by these
issues. Like I'm said, I'm tired of making patches. I'll try to address the
core issues.

> When that fails, it's
> time to go through them with a bulldozer.
I'm there. All suggestions are welcomed.