[hackerspaces] S036.NET attacked by German Police

quemener.yves at free.fr quemener.yves at free.fr
Tue Apr 27 15:51:49 CEST 2010

I wanted to contribute to an open source project but my contribution infringed a software patent. I could have spend 10x more time to work around it, probably before discovering that the workaround is also patented, I prefer to put this on hold. I have worked for a company that lost money and delayed its implantation in the US because of a software patent issue. Another company I worked in had frozen an interesting project because of a patent issue that effectively forbid them from distributing a product before the lengthy legal process ends. Doers and makers are hindered by these issues. Like I'm said, I'm tired of making patches. I'll try to address the core issues.

> When that fails, it's
> time to go through them with a bulldozer.

I'm there. All suggestions are welcomed.