[hackerspaces] solar

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Mon Apr 26 13:33:29 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 01:15:50PM +0200, Georges Toth wrote:
> It's a kyocera panel from 1998, with 36 cells.
> It was in service for most of that time until recently, which is why I was
> surprised to see it still performing like on the specs.

Aha, so you got them for free/cheap somewhere, nice!

> I only quickly tested it for the first time now, so I don't have too knowledge
> about this one.
>
> When the sun was covered with a cloud, the current dropped quickly to 3A and
> less.
> I will try to hack a small circuit for measuring light, voltage and current,
> over a day...

Nice stuff, i've been meaning to experiment with solar a bit, but cost and the
lack of a place to put them up prohibited that intention from becoming action.
However, our hackerspace has a 400m^2 flat roof, so that solves the latter
problem already.

Gr,

Koen