[hackerspaces] Fwd: [london-hack-space] Don't hack my tools!

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:22:08 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Yarnold <charlesyarnold at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Subject: [london-hack-space] Don't hack my tools!

So I was thinking, there is some stuff in the space that we shouldn't
hack. Like the wifi robot tank. What are peoples thoughts on a small
sticker you can put on things you donate/lend/the space buys, that
denotes that some thing is a hacking tool. I suggest this as some
thing like a hammer is obviously a tool and should stay that way, but
an arduino wave sheild can be modified. A sign on it would denote it
as some thing to hack with, but not to change the function of the
thing itself.

Would this made sense to you? Would following this mean you would
bring more cool tools and gadgets for all to use if you could mark
them as a tool, meaning you wouldn't come in to find your line
following robot was now a flame throwing attack droid!

My idea for the sticker is the blue circle with a white cutout of a
hammer. Any other ideas?

Sol

--
- Bryan