[hackerspaces] Open Access Control for Hacker Spaces v1.0

Lokkju Brennr lokkju at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:11:51 CEST 2010

What I'd really like to see is either a cheap source for, or some
project to build your own, door strike and/or other actual securing
mechanism.  The access control I've found easy, it is the physical
unlatching of the door that is expensive.

Right now we're really trying to find one that will work on panic bar
equipped doors, and that is a nightmare - regular strikes are around
$75-$100, but panic bar strikes are in the $400 range.

Loki // brainsilo.org