[hackerspaces] Help Needed With Japanese Text Translation

Hank The Curmudgeon hkrishman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 19:41:16 CEST 2010

Do you read Japanese?
Do you know someone who reads Japanese?
Do you know someone who knows someone who reads Japanese?

I bought a Gakken SK-150 Analog Synthesizer kit* from Maker Shed
knowing full well the kit instructions as well as everything else in
the attached mook is printed in Japanese. I put the kit together
without ever consulting the assembly manual. Total success and fun
too. But there are some nagging thoughts and questions born of staring
at the text in the manual that I seek answers to. Thus I am in search
of someone who could provide me with what I have learned is termed a
‘casual’ translation as opposed to a ‘technical’ or ‘legally
certified’ translation of several selected items I’ve scanned and
highlighted within the manual itself. Probably one or two full single-
spaced typewritten sheets worth of translated material will result
from this. The translation services I’ve looked into cost a minimum of
USD $250+ for the first hour…just a slight bit out of my zero dollar
budget…

So, do you read Japanese…?

*BTW The word “kit” is really too strong a word to describe this item,
“screw together instant fun” is a better descriptor.