[hackerspaces] Inventory Systems

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:36:29 CEST 2009

> At NYCResistor we've got Pip who is an obsessive labeler. She labels
everything and every box so that
> it's clear where everything should go. This makes for a small amount of
organization of the chaos of
> tools and parts.

Bre,
I heard a rumor that if your hackerspace is *very very active* and you put a
couch in a loft inside your space, that sometimes, you can get a Pip of your
own to label your stuff.  .Kind of liker a hacker version of  a Domoviyr. Is
this true, or is this just another legend?

At H76 we each get a 4x3x3 (51 gallon) locker for storing our own private
stuff. Only one person here locks theirs. The rest is on shelves or in draws
with sticky notes. If something has a sticky note on it for a few months
(ie, it didn't move) we make a permanent label for it.

hack on(TM)(R)(C),
- Far McKon