[hackerspaces] Five Approaches to Hackerspaces & Money

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Mon Sep 14 16:31:17 CEST 2009

http://hackerspaces.org/blog/2009/09/13/hackerspaces-and-money-five-approaches/

In an attempt to catch back up with the Tuesday Theory posts, I
categorized five ways I see Hackerspaces handling money & resources:

1) Anarchy
2) The Angels
3) The Owner
4) The Board
5) The Members

I'm currently working on blog posts to cover each category, defining
who and how Hackerspaces find and manage financing and resource
management.

I hope to cover the advantages and disadvantages to each, providing
specific examples and referring back to other posts here.  Any input
you have would be appreciated!

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866)
536-2616 | 8B13F204
Sent from Grand Rapids, MI, United States