[hackerspaces] What form of organization does your hackerspace use?

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Thu Oct 22 05:19:15 CEST 2009

Thanks everyone for your insight!  I just posted the article:

http://blog.hackerspaces.org/2009/10/20/hackerspaces-money-the-board/

I think this thread also brought up other issues which are important
to address and emphasize, especially Koen's point:

"Anyway, all this discussion about boards and organisation forms etc
might lead you to think that it is all about that. In fact, it is not.
Once set up and organised, the board is basically only responsible for
collecting membership dues and collecting the rent. And that's it. The
rest is the fun part: projects, social events, etc..!"

Perhaps in a brief aside from this series, an article on the nature of
membership in hackerspaces?

Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (707) 676-FARR | Fax: +1 (866)
536-2616 | 8B13F204
Sent from Washington, DC, United States