[hackerspaces] What form of organization does your hackerspace use?

strages strages at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:09:19 CEST 2009

Makers Local 256 is a non-profit 501c3 and would be considered "the
membership" based, but I guess started out as "the board" based since the
board is the original 10 members (changing soon given new bylaws and
elections).  We don't have a set dues rate but instead rely on how we
started.  The original 10 pledged a monthly donation that they could afford
and we found a space that fit within that budget.  We decided that extending
this to new membership was a good idea and so we don't have to turn away
someone who might offer a lot but might not have a lot of money.  A monthly
pledge doesn't have to be monetary but does fall under board discretion to
ensure that said pledge benefits the space.

Raymond
Makers Local 256