[hackerspaces] Introduction from Birmingham, England

Mark Huson mehuman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:39:50 CEST 2009

Antonio,
   We, www.baltimorenode.org, have only been an organization for 2 months
now and have 19 members so I haven't had too much experience with retaining
members and I don't know what hours you are allowed to use the shared space
so take this all with a grain of salt. I have found that the themed meetings
are the ones that get the most attendance. We meet weekly to discuss
buisness and then hack afterwards, we reguarly get 6-9 people at the
meetings. We also have an open hack session on Thursdays, which i have not
been to, that attract a fair number of people and there is now a lot of
interest of people meeting that day to live code together.

   The way i think about themed sessions is that there is a goal, a reason
to be there and people with like minded interests to bounce ideas off of.
Also just because there is a theme to a certain block of time does not limit
or alienate anyone else from doing what he/she wishes to do in the space.

Let me know if that helps.

-Mark