No subject

Mon Nov 9 20:01:52 CET 2009

to offer to Hackerspace members in general, and what we might offer to
certain sister groups. For instance, members of Hack Rolla that travel
from St. Louis to school and back may be granted key access for when
they are home and perhaps members of AR who are also attending Rolla
may get the same. However, a new member from NYR may get escorted
access, but probably wouldn't be given key access until he's been
around a while.

A lot of it is going to be based on the individual initially, unless
close ties are established with the group leaders and everyone
involved becomes comfortable with the ability of each group to weed
out those who would betray us and steal our cool stuff. (And really,
that's the only real barrier here. If we could just automatically
trust everyone, then we'd have no issues in handing other hackerspace
members the keys to our room full of toys, but we have a
responsibility to people in the group who are willing to donate or
loan expensive tools or devices to us to make sure we protect them
appropriately, and there are always safety issues when dealing with
power tools that are able to cut off fingers and noses.)

-Deech