[hackerspaces] Hackathon November 20th

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 22:40:09 CET 2009

Some of us from Stockport Hackspace visited two sites - MadLab and a
potential new venue. The new venue was quite interesting, but the owner
needs to do quite a lot before we can move in. MadLab had no Internet
access, barring a Pay-as-you-go 3G stick attached to a FON Router, so we
couldn't stream in or out video (which was a real shame!) But...

There were 7 of us there, all semi-working on our own projects, sometimes
helping others. We had one guy working on his tank-bot, another is mid-way
through re-housing his ZX Spectrum into a new chasis. Three people were
looking at doing fun things with OpenCV in python, while I was working on
GiantRobot, a notification system for events. Oh, and we stripped down a
rotary telephone with the plan to interface the dial to an arduino and use
that to send the DTMF to make calls... all very cool stuff.

We look forward to doing another day like it in the future!

--
Jon ""The Nice Guy"" Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified
This message was sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any top posting