[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

Serendipity Seraph sseraph at me.com
Thu Nov 12 19:07:10 CET 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 1:24 AM, vmr wrote:

> My god, I was thinking this was the corp-spaces mailing list instead.

Huh?  Considering whether your org gets shut down over proprietary BS
licenses or not is being "corporatist"?

> Is the next step turn the hackerspaces into corporations, help
> intelligence agencies and work for the state ?

Many non-profits are incorporated for tax purposes.  So what?  Why is
keeping your space free from attack by state minions working for the
state?

> Now I understand why ppl go underground.

So you think you "understand"?  I have been dealing with this stuff
since the hippie era.  Being cool is not synonymous with being stupid.

- s