[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

Seth Hardy shardy at aculei.net
Thu Nov 12 17:00:45 CET 2009

funny, i haven't heard a single OMG WE'RE BECOMING CORPORATIONS EVERYONE
ABANDON SHIP WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO WEAR SUITS despite all the talk
about 501(c)3 status... which implies that your space is... wait for
it... a corporation.

as an aside, one of the hacklab.to members is an evangelist for
microsoft. he works with open source projects, and is an all-around good
guy; if he does in fact worship satan and eat babies, we haven't caught
on yet.

it might have been funny to refer to "M$" back when we were 15, but it
isn't any more. if you did a minimal amount of research, you'd discover
that there's a lot of good people doing awesome things there. if you
don't like their software, if you feel that you get more than what you
pay for with linux (i'm sorry; gnu/linux), then by all means: don't use
proprietary software!

for people who supposedly want to learn and keep open minds and work on
cool things, many "hackers" sure are quick to turn into ignorant
neckbearded assholes. what's next on the underground agenda, shouting
"FUCK THE PO-LEASE" and throwing molotovs at your local software
retailer? because that's totally in line with the hackerspaces vision,
man.

ALL HACKERSPACES ARE POLITICAL VEHICLES, SMASH THE STATE!