[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

webzeug at gbks.net webzeug at gbks.net
Thu Nov 12 10:54:49 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag 12 November 2009 10:24:33 schrieb vmr:
> My god, I was thinking this was the corp-spaces mailing list instead.
>
> Is the next step turn the hackerspaces into corporations, help
> intelligence agencies and work for the state ?
>
> Now I understand why ppl go underground.

oh yeah i get it. You are the man, who is ready to go to jail, because there's
pirated software in your hackerspace. Lucky for your space, i wish we had an
scapegoat too. otherwise, you can demand from noone such things. and don't
forget... This IS an open mailinglist.
If i would be a clever hacker who whishes to do illegal things... first i
wouldnt say it loud an proud on an archived ml and yeah, go to underground,
at least with part of my identity...

hackerspaces should not be political, precisely because of this conflict. Some
people of spaces surely helped agencies, some people wrote a spambot or
crackingsoftware. depends on the people... you cannot force that on others of
the space.