[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 00:25:02 CET 2009

I have to echo the sentiments that the space should never *condone* unlawful
acts, if only to protect the entity as a whole.

I don't know about the other hack(er)spaces, but Stockport Hackspace is
trying to remind people about the original meaning of the word Hacker, to
try and replace the media meaning of the word. Letting Ub3r 1337 h4x0rz
actively and knowingly share warez from the space only harms this ideal.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, enforcing the "software only with license"
rule encourages software we can legally hack on as well!

--
Jon ""The Nice Guy"" Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified
This message was sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any top posting

> > On Nov 11, 2009 5:01 PM, "Eric Michaud" <michaud.eric.c at gmail.com>
wrote: > > Asbesto, > > I li...

Enforcing a "valid license only" rule is usually an effective way to have
many people switch to op...

> > *** > > That meant, by adhering to the rules people would more than
likely go the easier route,...

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Seth Hardy <shardy at aculei.net> wrote: > >
unsubscribe > > > > O...