[hackerspaces] U.S. Membership Applications

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:55:20 CEST 2009

The way we handle thing at the Lodge is that we have a small group
(like a board of directors) of people who pay the bills. Those folks
have keys and 24 hour access to the space. Everyone else is welcome
during the hours we are open free of charge. We have a donation box on
the wall that occasionally gets a few bucks stuffed into it, but that
usually covers things like soda and toilet paper.

Occasionally we have someone who is interested in having 24 hour
access, or just wants to support what we are doing. We hang around
with that person and get to know them well to see if they are the type
that would be 1) good for their share of the bills and 2) not likely
to steal our tools to sell for dope. So no formal application or
application process, just more of a 'ya, he/she's alright, I wouldn't
mind having them on the board'.

In regards to folks that just want to show up and use the
space/tools/etc, anyone and everyone is welcome.

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe