[hackerspaces] USA Hackerspaces before HOAP?

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:40:07 CEST 2009

Sure there were. I still dont know why HOAP got credit for supposedly
starting the whole thing. Back in the mid-90s I was part of one called
The Site, located in Santa Ana, CA. You also had some much larger and
notable places such as L0pht in Boston and New Hack City in San
Francisco. There was one in New York City who's name escapes me. But
yes, we've had them here for a while.

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe