[hackerspaces] status of this list

Paul Kuhnast (spoony) funkninja at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:26:05 CEST 2009

I've abstained from joining any of these recent discussions hoping that all
the crap would just die off.

It has gotten ridiculous with so many people arguing over how things should
be discussed.

My personal opinion.. I hate moderated lists for anything other than job
offers/for sale/classified etc, I really don't know where things went wrong
but it went from bad to ridiculous quite quickly and I don't think anyone
that's a part of the discussion is innocent.

So to the people wondering why no one was disagreeing with moderation they
were probably just keeping quiet like me (not to mentioned during most of
the busy time when this discussion was flooding the airwaves I was at work
and could read but not post on the address that I'm subscribed with).

I'm aware that moderation isn't censorship.. but it's basically treating
people like kids who have to be "ruled". I have no problem with a one
paragraph statement about how to believe but it shouldn't be much longer
than "be respectful and polite to each other, ie. no personal attacks or
baiting".. and that's it.

Anyway that's the one and only email I'll send regarding all of this.. I was
reluctant to send this but I didn't want the people pushing for moderation
to be the loudest.

Cheers,

pjk