[hackerspaces] Kids and Hackerspaces

David Powell davepow16 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:57:50 CEST 2009

My children are one of the driving forces behind me wanting a
hackerspace. My ultimate goal is to create a space where they enjoy
coming also. That may mean their own little corner or projects and
classes that they can understand.

Children are the future and I think we have an obligation to provide
them with the best resources possible. All of my kids love sports and
I feel that they could love learning equally as much if there was a
place where they could learn while working on fun projects.

With that said... I also want our hackerspace to be a place where I
can learn and work on my fun projects without the kids. Other peoples
kids usually don't bother me. The task of keeping an eye on my own
kids is distracting. Therefore I could care less if someone brought
their kids to the hackerspace so long as I don't have to watch them.