[hackerspaces] European Emergency!: on May 6th some of the Europarlamentaries intend to finish with the freedom of the Internet.

Isaac Hacksimov isaac.hacksimov at patiomaravillas.net
Sun May 3 17:51:09 CEST 2009

[this is a serious issue: please email and post this call for action
wherever you can]

This is a call for direct action. You just have to fill in this form
and your message will reach automatically to ALL of the
Europarlamentaries of your country:
http://xmailer.hacktivistas.net/en/message

The Web as we know it is under serious threat. The new laws of the
European Union ("The Telecom Package") that is intended to be passed
on May 6th, would allow internet providers the legal capacity of
limiting the number of Web pages you can see and to decide if you are
allowed or not the use certain services (like the P2P networks, the
VOIP phone services, like Skype, or any other service they consider
less profitable). The new Law would allow the providers to offer
people connection-packages like TV packs with a limited number of
options. That means that your Internet access will be limited
depending on the packet you have signed for and you won't be able to
access to all pages, just to those included in ypur packet.
Furthermore, under these laws they could filter pages and contents and
survey your activities in Internet without any guarantee. To have a
more detail vision of these things visit:

* http://www.laquadrature.net/en
* http://www.blackouteurope.eu/

We can still stop it with a massive delivery of emails before the May
6th. We have already sent more than 375.000 messages, but we need to
reach one million emails. The few Europarlamentarians that are
fighting to save our freedom and net neutrality have supported our
action and call for more emails been sent. Only their inboxes full of
messages from citizens can stop this madness. Don't wait more, take 5
minutes to defend your freedom. Ask them to vote for ammendment 46
(the old ammendment 138) that guarantees our freedom.

Tomorrow might be too late: http://xmailer.hacktivistas.net/en/message

http://wiki.hacktivistas.net/images/Save_the_net_400.png

--
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. - ISAAC ASIMOV

Isaac Hacksimov
http://patiomaravillas.net/hamlab