[hackerspaces] How to raise money to support your group

Luis Gustavo Lira dr_complexity at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 00:04:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am curious whether any of the hackerspaces projects subscribed to
the list are successfully using Ads or other kind of advertising their blogs/sites to raise money to support their ongoing efforts. If anyone has experience with approaching corporations or foundations for money to sustain projects in exchange for ads on their site. Another way to think about it is whether projects can make money offering services. I'm doing some research on sustainability and fundraising.

We are using adsence and amazon on our blogs however our founds sources are the traditional, usually International NGOs with local chapters in Peru as Ashoka, Lemelson, NESsT, Tecnoserve, etc.

http://scitechbizdev.blogspot.com/