[hackerspaces] Vetting new members

Harry harry at deds.nl
Wed Jun 17 20:13:47 CEST 2009

> I would not hand out a key to a new member. We have discussed
> requiring background checks before providing keys. This is easily done
> in 5 minutes for free in Maryland using the courts website.

I've got a HUGE criminal record, so be carefull. Law articles included are
theft, robbery, break and entry (1000x), violence against people, things
and police-officers, insult of the queen, her country and her book of law.
I broke the telecom law ofcourse, and was accused of being a member of a
criminal organisation. And the list keeps growing.

But i seem to mis the point why a state or a judge would have any role in
your decision to hand out a key or not.

Harry.