[hackerspaces] Mitch in UK (1-July, and beyond)

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 21:05:35 CEST 2009

I was invited to attend the UK Guardian's Activate Summit.  After struggling with choosing between it and ToorCamp (they are on the same date!), I decided to go to Activate.

While in the UK, I'm looking for other cool things to do, since as long as I'm there I should stay at least a couple of weeks.  I would love to visit hacker spaces there and nearby!  Both forming hacker spaces that don't exist yet, plus existing ones.

And if anyone would be interested in me giving a workshop at a space (or community center, or school, or someone's home) while there, I could do workshops that attract people to your community (as I've done at Pumping Station: One, Metalab, Cowtown Computer Club, and many other places) -- I love teaching people to solder, and to make cool things with electronics!  I'd also be happy to give talks about hacker spaces, or anything else of interest -- inspiring others to do cool things is what it's about!

Also, anyone know of cool places to stay in London while I'm there?  Decent, affordable B&B, or a nice couch?  Please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Mitch.