[hackerspaces] US hackerspaces - corporation formation and 501(c)3 status

Nick Farr (HacDC) nickfarr at hacdc.org
Fri Jun 12 02:16:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 17:38, David Powell<davepow16 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I'm from Harford Hackerspace in Baltimore/Harford
> MD. We just got notice that we are now incorporated as a non-stock
> corporation with Maryland actually found out today. WooHoo!

Congrats, neighbor!

I'm sure the folk from HacDC would love to head up there and celebrate
at a potential housewarming/fundraiser party.  Any ideas on when you'd
want to have that?

> In the next few weeks we will star working on our IRS 1023 form. If
> you don't mind I would like to go over it with you guys to compare
> notes and possibly get some help and save us a little of the hard work
> you have already done.

Absolutely.  I hope to migrate the 1023 form in a more general way to
the hackerspaces.org blog...feel free to do so yourself, i'll happily
make edits/changes--we can all trade notes that way.

--
Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org
Washington, DC, 20013-1208 | +1 (202) 316-5850 | Fax: +1 (866) 536-2616