[hackerspaces] [YAHSP] Hacker's music album (proj. proposal)

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Tue Jul 28 16:37:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 04:00:00PM +0200, astera wrote:
> Just as an overview, our list so far:
>
> HACKER MUSIC ALBUM #1 - a simple compilation of what we L0V3(d)
>
> ClockDVA - The Hacker
> ClockDVA - Sonology of Sex (was that a suggestion, too?)

nope, just a reference to the album. unrelated to our topic.

later on  they made  an album  called "The Hacker"  but its  the first
appearance of this song in "Buried Dreams" that i consider relevant.

> Greatful Death

Grateful  Dead. yep,  mostly because  being the  first  band releasing
their songs free to copy.

> Einstürzende Neubauten - ?

not sure what, mostly from the album Deconstructing Architectures?

i'll  limit my  contributions to  the  essential, there  is some  more
obscure stuff buried in my memory that i'm not sure of.

we  should  circulate  a  little  call  in  various  mailinglists  and
languages, it  will surely  widen the overview.   i'll try to  start a
thread on the italian hackmeeting mailinglist.

> McGuyver's opening

thanks for that. awesome memories.

then a bit cheesy, but still hystorically relevant,
also the opening of Whiz Kids
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vRyKslGrGk

> Marilyn Manson - Posthuman (?)

mmnaah. if we go that far then we put too much together.

let's look for appropriate lyrics...

> some 8bit beats (http://www.micromusic.net/ ?)

as well  there is a  LOT in 8bit,  myself being an avid  collector and
listener of Orange Juice /  Nectarine radio would be most in favour...
http://www.scenemusic.eu:443/demovibes/ BUT still  i think this widens
the scope a bit too much.

it would be real nice to come  down to 12 and/or 24 songs for a single
and/or double  CD/DVD album related to  hacking - offering  at least a
first introduction  to it, even  across various musical  genres, maybe
organized by years of publishing?

ciao