[hackerspaces] Gain potential member

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:37:37 CEST 2009

IMHO,
Find out what they want to do, and if it meets your groups ideas or
goals, just make your space/org/group a resource towards getting that
done.  They will come to you.

That said, a lot of people don't know what they want, or if they do,
they don't outright say it.  And a lot of people want 'people to hang
out with', and finding a good project for a specific person/people to
get done while hanging out can be a real intellectual challenge.

but overall, don't  try to sell them on it.  Offer ideas, inspiration,
community and help, and good people will self-select to get involved.

hack on,
- Far McKon

----
http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"