[hackerspaces] recording from last call in...

Rodney Arne Karlsen rodney at strangeminds.org
Fri Jan 9 14:48:21 CET 2009

I downloaded the recording and listened to it earlier. I didnt realise how
much I was breaking up untill now. I think my little 384k ADSL line was
suffering a tad.

Does anyone know if the SIP server for the call ins can be set to use a more
efficient codec? I think it was using u-law or a-law on the last call in,
which is nice in that the server doesnt have to transcode stuff when using
land lines, but it really eats bandwidth. Would it be possible to use
something a bit leaner like iLBC, GSM or speex?

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 00:34:59 t wrote:
> http://soundcloud.com/bef/25c3-hackerspaces-conference-12-2008
> i havent looked at it so far.
>
> but feel free to comment on the different bits and pieces.
>
> t.

Rodney Arne Karlsen
AKA SmilyBorg
LPIC-2, Linux+
Cellphone: 083 445 0720
Website: http://strangeminds.org/
MSN Messenger: rodney at strangeminds.org
Google Talk: rodney.karlsen at gmail.com
Twitter: SmilyBorg
Skype: SmilyBorg

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty
girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
That's relativity. - Albert Einstein