[hackerspaces] New free learning platform for hackers

Sarah Press sarah at communiteach.com
Sun Aug 30 12:56:09 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I recently became a member of PSOne in Chicago and want to share with you
all a website I'm working on that's aligned with the goals of hackerspaces
and could benefit hackerspace members.

CommuniTeach <http://communiteach.com/> is a website that makes it easy for
community members to learn from one another for free. You plug in any skills
you want to learn - swing dancing, Python wrangling, whatever - and the site
matches you with nearby community members who can teach you those skills for
free. You can also narrow your search to a particular network, like a
hackerspace.

Although our website is currently pretty janky, we're close to winning a
competition for $10,000 in launch funds. We’ll use this money to invest in
web designers to build out some key features.

If this project sounds cool to you, I'd appreciate your help – just take a
minute to vote for us at this link:
http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/6091-CommuniTeach-learning-platform

Also, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the project. What can make
CommuniTeach<http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/6091-CommuniTeach-learning-platform>more
effective, both for hackerspaces and other communities?

Thanks,
Sarah Press

--
Please vote for CommuniTeach to win $10K in seed money RIGHT NOW-
http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/6091-CommuniTeach-learning-platform