[hackerspaces] Hacker Space Sizes

Hans Fraiponts fraiponts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 17:02:44 CEST 2009

Hi Bob,

If you look at the Building  a Hacker Space pdf [1] there's a small
section about space:

Problem
You want to chill, discuss, or work in small groups. But the main room
is occupied: There are simply too many people at your space. Or you
want to smoke a cigarette at the space without disturbing non-smokers.

Implementation
Look for a hacker space with smaller, separate rooms. Use curtains or
doors to separate them from the main room. Separate rooms can also be
used for smokers in a non-smoking hacker space.

Think this is the most important thing when choosing a location. On
some days it can get really busy or noisy and then people will start
to irritate each-other. if I had the option to choose I'd go for one
lab-area, one lounge/bar area, two or more 'meeting-rooms', a kitchen
and a descent bathroom.

Good luck finding your special place, ;-)

Hans
Hackerspace Brussels

[1] http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/attachments/1003_Building%20a%20Hacker%20Space.pdf