[hackerspaces] Members v. Non-members, rights and obligations, etc.

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 20:26:49 CEST 2009

Oddly enough, I've been meeting with folks and asking about
organizational theory putting together a deck about hackerspace
organization as a side project.

If people can/want, can you send me some info on how you manage the
spacees? Maybe send it my way off-list?

1) What is your space name, location, founding date (roughly) ?

2) What is your Group Decision Making System (consensus/voting/dictatorship) ?

3) How do you decide on what new members can join ?

4) How do you do orientation of how the space runs for new members
('don't do that' is a reasonable answer)?

5) How many current members do you have at each 'membership' level
(from 'members' to 'just hang out')?

6) Do you have a legal entity in your contry/state/zone? What kind of
legal entity if you have one?

That would make some awesome background data, I will (naturally) keep
that info anonymous/private if it's sent to me off list.  Thanks in
advance if anyone fills out and sends info my way.

hack on,
- Far McKon
----
http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"