[hackerspaces] [YAHSP] Hacker's music album (proj. proposal)

David Raison david at hackerspace.lu
Tue Aug 4 16:52:40 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I might be a little late but the Friulian Region in northern Italy is
apparently quite short on Internet access.

Anyway, as Steve already pointed out, we have this Radio-Show thingy
going on and are assembling lots of (good) songs for those occasions.
The Sound Scapes will be a convenient resource for us, thanks folks!

As always, our data is available through SMW :
You can get to the list by either clicking on this query:
https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BCategory:RadioShow-5D-5D-20-5B-5BSongTitle::%2B-5D-5D/-3FSongArtist%3DArtist/-3FSongTitle%3DTitle/-3FSongDuration%3DDuration/-3FSongLicense%3DLicense/-3FArtistWebsite%3DWebsite

or by using the "List of all songs" link on any of the Show pages
available here:
https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/RadioShow#Shows

There are some bugs left in the default values (i.e. the columns don't
always match) but we're working on that (slow but steady ;))

I do also agree with Enki on the multi-volume idea. There's music that
hackers listen to and then there's music where hackers or hacks are
referenced but that isn't necessarily related to hacking in any other
way (i.e. not circuit bent, no chiptune, no game tunes, etc...)

It's definitely not an easy task to define what is and what is not a
Hacker song/tune/sound

cheers,
David

astera wrote:
> Hey,
>
> these sound fantastic!!!
>
> Now, how bout we make the list a little more human-readable? I'd put
> it on the wiki, but we don't yet have a name for the album: any
> suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> /astera

- --
Building a Hackerspace in Luxembourg!
syn2cat Hackerspace.lu A.S.B.L.
http://www.hackerspace.lu
mailto:david at hackerspace.lu
xmpp:kwisatz at jabber.hackerspaces.org
voip: +352 20 333 501
mobile: +43 650 73 63 834 | +352 691 44 23 24
***
Wear your geek: http://syn2cat.spreadshirt.net