[hackerspaces] Press

Rodney Arne Karlsen rodney at strangeminds.org
Fri Apr 3 11:58:55 CEST 2009

Yay. You have no idea how happy it makes me to know that there are others in
the southern hemisphere that are getting started. When I started getting guys
together to form Ductape, I thought that we were just the only group in
Africa. A month or 2 back, I realised that we were the only group listed in
the southern hemisphere.

As a result of the Wired article, I received an email from a guy in Cape Town
wanting to know if there were any hackerspaces in his area. Since I don't
know of any, I tried to encourage him to start one.

Later this year(September) Popular Mechanics Magazine is hosting an Inventors
Conference in Johannesburg. I am hoping to go along with a bunch of other
Ductape members. I will be contacting them shortly to propose a talk about
Hackerspaces. Then I've got to start prepairing.

Anyway, have fun all.

Rodney Karlsen
Ductape - South Africa

--
Rodney Arne Karlsen
AKA SmilyBorg
Google Talk: rodney.karlsen at gmail.com
Twitter: SmilyBorg
Yahoo Messenger: smilyborgza
MSN Messenger: rodney at strangeminds.org

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty
girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
That's relativity. - Albert Einstein