[hackerspaces] Hello? Is this thing on?

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Mon Sep 22 08:31:26 CEST 2008

Joe Bowser wrote:
> We were inspired partly by HacDC and partly by
> someone from Toronto talking shit about the rest of Canada at The Last
> HOPE. :P

That was me, haha.  Glad to hear that there are other Canucks working on
spaces!

> I also like attending conferences, and I plan on going to 25C3 this year.

A bunch of HackLab.to people will be there - see you in .de :)

We just got a blog up and running, have put through our incorporation
paperwork, and are generally pretty up and rolling.  We're at 13 members
with a bunch more non-member regulars.

Some pretty out-of-date photos of our space here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hypatiadotca/sets/72157605885625859/

We now have a couch and more desks :)

And of course check out our blog at http://hacklab.to

We're also hosting a 4th year computer science class for the local
university, which is pretty awesome!  Some info on the projects students
are working on for it is here:

http://pyre.third-bit.com/blog/archives/1740.html

All in all, it's been a very exciting few months.

-Leigh