[sudoroom] Looks like others are having the same idea regarding 3D printing :)

Felicia Betancourt fmbetancourt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:41:57 CEST 2012

>From what I read in the blog post that Evan linked to (especially the
comments that followed), I wouldn't necessarily expect us to rake in the
cash by selling 3D printers.  What's the margin on those things, anyway?

The business model of Metrix Create:Space in Seattle (
http://metrixcreatespace.com) is worth considering.  They have a 3D
printer, laser cutter and other tools available to members (at a discount)
and to the general public.  They make money by renting time on the tools,
collecting membership dues, and providing classes in Arduino, 3D printing,
etc.  Something to think about, at any rate.