[sudoroom] meeting minutes

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:23:26 CEST 2012

10/10/2012

Attendees: Anthony, Evan, Garrett, Heather, Ryan B, Eddan, Len, Jae,
Anthony (ADF), Eric, Marina, Matt

Notes:

   1. Announcements

   1. Alternative Press Expo (APE) in SF this weekend Oct 13-14.

   1. Banking needs some payment solution(s)

   1. http://cryptoparty.eventbrite.com

   1. Hack Meet this weekend,

   1. East Bay Mini Maker Faire is Sunday Oct 16

   1. http://eastbayminimakerfaire.eventbrite.com

   1. Costume-hack night Tuesday 10/16 and Friday 10/19 at 7:30pm.

   1. Open Science Summit next next weekend? Sponsors.

   1. Discussion of space

   1. George called Eddan while out of town, opportunity to move in to
   large space upstairs. The space is split up into different rooms. Includes
   a bio-appropriate area.

   1. Would need to raise real money asap.

   1. Need to see and take pictures of the space already.

   1. There is a mailing list specifically for talkin about the space:

   1. Ace Monster Toys is looking for another space, they may have one in
   mind? Need to clarify communication

   1. Idea:

   1. Bring all the interested parties together so that we can actually
   figure out how this space rental federation is going to work.

   1. Need lists of questions to determine move-in requirements and find
   partners who will work. Direct potential members of the federation to our
   compact, have them fill in their interests and resources into a spreadsheet.

   1. *Date for meeting: October 27th at noon (potluck, vegan would be
   chill, [but not necessary?])*

   1. Anthony's party bus will make an appearance

   1. Occupy Oakland Birthday, at Snow Park, solid event (report from Ryan)

   1. LASTLY: a number of sudo-related projects looking for collaborators

   1. Need help importing Mediawiki

   1. Wordpress

   1. sudosuite

   1. Eric's metalworking space is at 953 West MacArthur near Home Depot

   1. We can now make our own listservs, proposed listservs are below.
   (alternately, just email the entire list indicating that you are looking
   for interested parties on x topic. proposed listservs/topics:

   1. metalworking

   1. algorithm

   1. art murmur

   1. Fiscal Solvency

   1. We need to resolve WePay account and get income from dues, etc.

   1. Competitive prices to other services, such as Stripe.

   1.
   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At_6qzhQZBX8dHU0bWZaNkxpSkcyeG5WMVRwMVQ4aWc#gid=0

   1. Pay your dues!!!! make checks payable to sudo room.