[sudoroom] Meeting Minutes Tonight

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Thu May 24 20:50:23 CEST 2012

Thanks for anthropologicizing the situation, Sudo Agent! No reason why
we can't do both.
We'll open a local credit union account, and use WePay for online
transactions.
Any credit union recommendations?

WePay, by the way, is associated with mid-size banks in order to qualify
to be FDIC insured. Otherwise, if you lose your .02c, you'd have no hope
of getting it back. The fact that the banks they are associated with are
based in Delaware only tells you that Delaware's corporate laws are the
most predictable for resolving disputes.

As far as I understand it, WePay is basically serving as an intermediary
enabling a wider population to be able to make transactions. They've
figured out how to extend the assurance they can guarantee; so that
people and organizations could make transactions they otherwise couldn't.

You're absolutely right though, that WePay is not based in Oakland.
They're in Palo Alto. Maybe we should offer to build one of the local
credit union's web interface? I think the combination of WePay and
Flattr for online transactions would probably be a good idea.

-Eddan
[self-appointed Exchequer]