[sudoroom] Hackertime/Hackerspace

Anca Mosoiu anca at techliminal.com
Fri May 11 03:53:34 CEST 2012

Well, Wednesday nights will continue to be open hack nights at Tech
Liminal.  It just so happens  at the moment that they are also Sudo Room
bureaucracy nights, but there can be more than one thing happening over
here.

So feel free to take breaks from talking and come hang out and make stuff.
:)

Cheers,

Anca.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Count me in for more hacking., less talking ;-) I don't think we have
> so many people that we can't do both at the same time though.
>
> If anyone feels a need to keep their hands busy during our Wednesday
> meetings - I left the "Box of CD player guts" that I unsuccessfully
> tried to flog at the SudoRoom fundraiser in our SudoRoom locker at
> TechLiminal. There's lots of cool DC and stepper motors in there for
> robotics projects. Just pulling out all the useful parts and gathering
> the rest for E-recycling would be a nice mindless activity that is
> entirely compatible with participating in planning sessions. Kinda
> like knitting for engineers...
>
> Patrik
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Andrew Hoerner <towardvictory at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear folks--
> > I personally am all for mixing politics with hacking. My politics
> motivate
> > my hacking, and vice versa.  If I had to separate them, I would not do
> > either one as well or as happily.
> >
> > But it seems to me that sudoroom has moved from being a group that
> supports
> > hacking to being a group that organizes a future space that supports
> > hacking. Organizing and hacking are both great, and I support, and do,
> both.
> > But its hard to hack in a room full of people organizing.
> >
> > Is there anyone else who would like to separate hackertime from
> > organizertime? Are there other people besides me who want to hack now,
> and
> > not just later when the better space is available? It could, I think, be
> in
> > the same space. I know Anca has been talking about splitting the space in
> > two, so there is a hackerspace and organizerspace (albeit a
> > hackerorganizerspace) at Tech Liminal at the same time, but that would
> mean
> > that the sudoroom people would have to choose one or the other and could
> not
> > do both.
> >
> > Andrew Hoerner

-=-=-=-