[sudoroom] Developer needed: enviro storytelling project!

victoria bogdan.victoria at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:46:23 CEST 2012

Hi Sudo-ers,

I thought you all might be a good group to ask about finding a developer.

*Background: *An environmental nonprofit I work with recently launched a
really wonderful project to capture stories from the pioneers of the
1950s-1970s environmental movement. We're recording video interviews with
folks who, for instance, helped save the land across from the Golden Gate
Bridge from turning into a 30,000+ person town, or who helped prevent the
construction of a nuclear power plant in Bolinas!

It's amazing to talk to these folks and to hear their lessons about
activism, organizing, and creative action.

Now that our group has around 20 interviews filmed & edited, *we need a
website!*

If anyone is interested (or knows someone who might be) check out the RFP
attached (we have about $5K to cover design & development). We want to
create a beautiful, free, and engaging online library for the videos,
perhaps in similar fashion to this project: http://1000voicesarchive.org/

And of course you're all invited to the project launch party we're having
on June 7 that will feature a screening of some videos, and some delicious
free food and drink! The EventBrite for that is
here<http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3483405961/efbnen>.

Thanks! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Victoria