[sudoroom] July 21, Code for Oakland (RSVP & Sudo representation!)

Victoria Bogdan bogdan.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:53:34 CEST 2012

Hi Sudo-ers!

Just a quick note to remind everyone that *Code for Oakland* is happening
at the Kaiser Center on *July 21*! Come hack, learn, and play, and be sure
to RSVP here: http://codeforoakland2012.eventbrite.com/

For the coders there should be lots of great teams to join (last year
around 100 designers/programmers participated). For the "hackers who don't
code", we're having a few activities, including one that sends people out
to forage using a new forage Oakland app, a LocalWiki session (led by Mr.
Matt Senate himself), and a session on info tools for activists.

But! More Sudo-specific, the Code for Oak folks want local hackerspaces to
table up and have a presence at the event.

I'll talk about this at our next meeting, but consider it a heads up for
some Sudo representation!

Victoria