[sudoroom] Hackerspaces Design Patterns & Meetup this Wednesday at 7pm

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:52:44 CET 2012

Howdy Folks!

Just got through this "Design Patterns" presentation available here in
slide format: www.scribd.com/doc/9897224/1003Building-a-Hacker-Space and
here in wiki format: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Design_Patterns

I highly recommend running through it--it's quite short but fun and
informative from some historical (in the kindest sense of the term)
approaches to hackerspaces.

In the spirit of the "Patterns" document, I'm planning to redouble my
efforts toward our primary goal of securing a space to accumulate stuff
(infrastructure) and humans (fans/members). Secondly, I'd like to take a
page out of Marc's advice and advertise that if folks have nifty ideas that
coincide with the goals of the space, that you please bring it on the email
list where you will be embraced and encouraged!

Further in this accord, this email serves to remind everyone of our meetup
on Wednesday at 7pm at Techliminal. If you haven't had a chance to stop by
(or perhaps in a while), please do!

Signing off,
Matt